Chief Executive Officer
This is a new position, and reflects the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand (“HCNZ) growth and expansion – especially over the past 12 months.
A full time Chief Executive is now required to implement HCNZ’s overall business and operational strategy and assume day-to-day management of our full range of operations – in particular, management and oversight of the Education Manager and Operations Manager portfolios and daily budgetary management.
HCNZ is a not for profit organisation with a strong volunteer philosophy and tradition. We enjoy a respected position within the New Zealand Jewish and wider New Zealand communities. We have earned a reputation as leading educators, researchers and archivists of Holocaust-based content and as documenters of the experience of Holocaust survivors in New Zealand and, more recently, as advocates in the human rights arena.
The CEO will be directly accountable to the HCNZ Board. A clear set of KPI’s will be developed in conjunction with the successful applicant to ensure a close correspondence between strategy and tangible outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Directing and overseeing HCNZ’s national education strategy and initiatives
- Oversight of HCNZ exhibitions and events
- Growing the organisation’s influence and footprint throughout New Zealand
- Supporting the development of advocacy and remembrance initiatives
- Managing a small dedicated team of 3 staff based in Wellington
- Continuing to build relationships within the New Zealand Jewish community, the wider New Zealand marketplace, and international Jewish and Holocaust organisations
- Supporting fundraising activities
- Supporting brand awareness and marketing activities
- Representing and being a public spokesperson for the organisation
- Day-to-day management of the budget.
Key attributes for this role include:
- Knowledge of the Holocaust – either in a teaching, academic or research capacity
- Some experience in the field of Holocaust education is highly desirable
- An appreciation for the culture and history of HCNZ
- Experience in managing teams
- Strategy development and implementation experience
- Strong communication skills
- Budgetary management.
Applicants must be resident in New Zealand, and ideally based in Wellington or Auckland.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered for this position.
A full Position Description will be made available on receipt of an Expression of Interest to apply for this role.
Please email your CV to email@example.com by 5pm, 21 December 2018.
Interviews will be conducted in Wellington during w/c 14 January 2019.